About Attorney Katherine McDonald
Attorney Katherine McDonald is a partner with the Dethlefs Pykosh & Murphy. She focuses her practice on family law, estate planning, and estate adminstration. Before joining the firm, Katherine started her own general practice.
Katherine is a graduate of Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA, majoring in political science and psychology. She also played four years of Division I softball as a pitcher. Katherine earned her Juris Doctor from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State Unviersity in Carlisle, PA, where she worked at the Elder Protection Clinic and was a member of the Phil Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. Following graduation, she was admitted to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Katherine volunteers with the Mazzoni Center in Philadelphia, PA, which provides services to the LGBTQ community. She also volunteers as a rescue transporter, helping animals get from shelters and foster homes to rescues and adopters.
Areas of practice:
- Child Custody
- Elder Law
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning (Advance Directive, POSs, Trusts, Wills)
- Family Law
- Grandparents’ Rights
- Name Changes
- Support (Child, Spousal)
Education & Public Service
Katherine McDonald is an active member within Philadelphia, PA and surrounding areas. She has volunteered, provided legal education, and more. Continue reading to learn about our attorney, Katherine McDonald.
- J.D., The Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, PA
- B.A., Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Professional Associations & Membership
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Phil Alpha Delta Law Fraternity (past)
- Mazzoni Center (Philadelphia, PA) which provides services to the LGBTQ community
- Rescue Transporter, helping animals get from shelters and foster homes to rescues and adopters