About Charles Hartwell
Charles Hartwell has been practicing law since 1988. Prior to joining the Dethlefs-Pykosh Law Group, he served for 12 years as a prosecuting attorney for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, bringing disciplinary actions against a wide range of professional licensees. He has successfully represented accountants, behavioral specialists, professional counselors, car salespersons, doctors and a number of other licensees.
Charles has conducted a debtor/creditor bankruptcy practice since 1988. He has been practicing in the United States Bankruptcy Courts of all Pennsylvania Districts since 1993, representing debtors and creditors in adversary litigation in Chapters 7, 11, and 13.
He also litigates administrative matters and appeals before the Social Security Administration, the Unemployment Compensation Board of Review, the State Civil Service Commission and other administrative bodies of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Areas of practice:
- Administrative Law
- Professional Licenseing Defense
- Social Security Disability
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
Education & Public Service
- J.D., The Dickinson School of Law, 1988
- B.S., Penn State University, 1985
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Western, Middle and Eastern District of Pennsylvania Federal Courts
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations & Membership
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Franklin County Bar Association
- Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Parochial School Board
- Cub Scout Cubmaster
- Parliamentarian – WITF Central Pennsylvania Spelling Bee